Sunday, February 15, 2009

New Years Resolution

New years is always a good time to make a weight loss resolution. Often times it becomes a good thought, but nothing ever becomes of it. This year to try to have some motivation, seven co-workers and I entered into a little friendly competition. We are trying to see who can lose the most weight and change their body fat composition. We get 3 points for every pound we lose, and 5 points for losing a point in body fat. It has been fun to go to the city gym during the week to lift weights to try and change our body fat composition (my co-worker Ryan has been great to show us what to do). I also have started to do water aerobics. Mom and Michelle have also joined me in going to water aerobics. It is pretty fun and is a good workout as well! So far I have dropped 2 points in my body fat composition and 5 pounds. I don't know if I will win overall, but I am very grateful for the motivation of the competition. I'll let you know in April who wins (hopefully me).

1 comment:

Jessie said...

That's awesome Jo! I wish I could come play in the water with you guys.